Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Porcelain paintings - Collaboration with Monika Diamantopoulou

I met an extraordinary porcelain artist on Etsy named Monika Diamantopoulou.  She lives in Greece and hand makes lovely porcelain creations ranging from earrings to espresso cups.  We bonded over our love of art and animals (black cats to be exact, as she was caring for two rescue kittens as seen below and I have a neighborhood cat of a similar "squeezable" cuteness who has stolen my heart).  Monika says she couldn't have done it without the help of her daughter Marianna, as baby kitties are quite a handful!



Porcelain painting projects developed as did our friendship (and the kittens grew).  I laugh every time I see the "Buns with Guns" drawings on her many masterpieces as they are both delicate and tough (just like her white porcelain).

     

Monika fires the art print to adhere the image of my paintings and drawings permanently into the glaze.  She also creates the sterling silver findings and puts together the coordinating hand-dyed necklace cords.



 And the kittens are growing up so fast, as our collaborations are expanding!



Want to see more?  Click on our shop links below:




10 comments:

  1. that kitten made me melt! a muse like that is obviously inspiring you to make beautiful things!
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't the kittens too cute for words!!!! Monika and her daughter really did an extraordinary thing by rescuing them. And what inspiration for her amazing porcelain pieces, thank you so much Magda for your lovely comment ;o).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so neat, doing a project with another artist you met online. I have admired your style and your bunnies for some time but I have to say, did the poor kitten in the boat have to be so sad? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i HONESTLY cannot decide what is cuter...that kitten or those buns with guns cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, aw, thanks so much, yes, that poor little kitten in the boat had the saddest face of all... I found this particular breed to be especially sad looking: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotic_Shorthair (perhaps it's their flat faces that does it).

    Hah, Patience, you are awesome! I know, aren't those kittens so so adorable, and then Monika did such an amazing job on those cups ;o).

    Brienna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok.... Brienna you're great!!

    I love your work and would love to add your link to my blog.

    //Thanks for sharing such lovely inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, thanks so much Laura, love your comments, I'm so excited that you'd like to add the link to your blog!!!! Monika has done a gorgeous job of displaying the paintings on her porcelain!

    Brienna

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI there
    cool artwork, I'm glad I discovered your work; it's different to anything I've seen before :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Junkpunk, thank you so much!!! It's really nice to hear such thoughtful comments, hope to have a new series up this morning "Baby badass buns" ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...