Monday, 9 April 2012

A tale of two drawings: bumble bee carriages

Bee Steam Carriage - click here to check availability

In a state of frustration last night I ended up leaving two unfinished concepts in my studio.  This morning I realized I should finish both, seeing as I couldn't decide which way to take the drawing I explored all of my ideas to completion. 

The little bumble bee was so tiny I thought he needed a little help from a steam-powered train car.  The tri-carriage was rather top heavy so I added more strings and wires for support. 





Bee Multi-story Carriage - click here to check availability
The larger bumble bee was carrying such a tiny carriage, so I decided to make it multi-storied to keep it grounded... otherwise he might just take off and spill out all the people!

I kept asking my husband if the little carriages looked "believable" and he kept reassuring me that if they were being carried by giant bumble bees I could get away with them looking a bit fantastic.  Now that it's morning I realize how silly a question it was.

To see more drawings, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to get inside your head for just a moment... these are fantastic. thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so kind Kim!!!! Hah, sometimes I'd like to get out of my head for a moment ;o), what wild minds we have!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...