Monday, 16 April 2012

The "ugly-duckling" crow

Crow Mill - click to check availability
I started drawing the crow in the car during our weekend driving adventure through the English countryside.  Afraid the bird was looking a bit too "ugly-duckling" (and everyone who's ever drawn knows this stage), I put the image away hoping for a fresher perspective later.

I broke it out again late last night while my husband was reading and by the time I finished he was sound asleep by my side and I was still struggling to put down the crow.

This morning I touched up the whites and decided it was (drum roll please) done.

It's by no means at its "swan" phase, but crows are meant to be a bit ugly (and maybe a little grouchy too) right?  I imagine I would be if I had a windmill strapped to my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...