Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Finding a home for all my bettas

As we continue to move around the world, my artwork must find homes in each country we visit.  Now that we're living in England, I have several paintings left behind in the US and so I'm currently marking my two larger fish pieces 50% off in my shop.

Male and Female Betta - click to check availability
The male and female betta painting was inspired by the parallel between the separation of betta genders and our own separation between men and women.  I also painted this piece at a time when my fiancé (now husband) and I were going to school in different states, so the work has personal significance.  It was a wonderful surprise to also find an actual pet store product in the shape of a heart coincidentally hanging above the contained creatures.




Water Dyed Blue - click to check availability

The larger fish eye painting was an expansion on the panel work below, bringing the viewer into the world of the betta.

Click to see a slideshow of more of the work.

Fish Eye IV
Fish Eye II
I am hoping to donate the smaller more experimental mixed media pieces perhaps to an aquarium so that they can be enjoyed together as a group rather than stored away.  I combined layers of my painting with my digital photography to explore the betta perspective.


Fish Eye III
Fish Eye VII
Fish Eye VIII




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...