Thursday, 3 May 2012

Kitten painting needs a home

Portrait of two kittens duct taped together and thrown into a garbage can
Here's a favorite piece I left in the states when we came to England and it's currently on sale (50% off) in my shop

I painted this kitten piece at the beginning of graduate school, after hearing a terrible story of two pets (puppies or kittens, I remember hearing both versions) being duct taped and tossed in a garbage can.  I was told the little creatures were later rescued, thankfully, but the feelings it left me with needed to be painted.  

I used my own childhood image as the kittens' faces as if I was the one being thrown away.  I thought the light being cast into bin might convey a sense of the kittens' purity and hope of being loved again.  Don't worry little kittens, someone will find you.


To see more of the Animals with Human Faces series click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...